1934

History

The history of the Australian wine industry is intricately and inseparably woven into Beckwith Park. The site that is now Beckwith Park started its life as the site for four independent, neighbouring wine related businesses; Penfolds, Kaiser Stuhl (formerly the South Australian Grape Growers Co-op), Tarac Technologies and Tolley, Scott & Tolley (TST).

The site was amalgamated through a series of business mergers and acquisitions as well as land sales to neighbouring businesses. The site remained under the ownership of Southcorp and, subsequently Fosters through the 1990s and until 2008. Fosters also owned the Wolf Blass facility (some 6 kilometres away) and in 2008 decided to divest itself of the majority of the site that is now Beckwith Park.

With an association spanning back over 86 years, Tarac made the decision to acquire the site and implement a vision to develop a regional industry and business centre. The objective for the park was (and remains) to develop a significant commercial and industry hub capable of accommodating both the wine industry and broader business and industry community. The site provides a broad range of accommodation including warehousing, manufacturing, cellars, bulk wine storage, offices and land capable of development to suit a variety of uses. It was a natural part of this vision to name the park after one of Penfold’s and the wine industry’s most important and innovative pioneers; Ray Beckwith.